Child Protection Officer- Hyderabad
1. Provide support towards achievement of Annual Work Plan goals and outputs with a focus on child labour elimination activities in the Integrated Child Protection Approaches (ICPA) districts. Support state and district level initiatives towards optimal impact of UNICEF/government interventions for the elimination of child labour and promotion of skills and leadership of young people. Support Child Protection Specialist in the development of Annual Work Plan with specific outputs and budgets. Ensure achievement of state office corporate priorities and linkages with child protection.
2. In coordination with Child Protection Specialist and district child protection team provide technical support in evolving strategies for training on child rights with a focus on child protection in particular right to protection from child labour and other forms of exploitation, abuse, violence. Support identification and assessment of skill training and managerial inputs for women’s empowerment and ensure quality improvement in the same. Facilitate training at local level for key stakeholders with appropriate technical inputs.
3. Undertake regular field visits to project sites to guide field – based project management staff on key outcomes of the project and interact with government and project stakeholders to ensure that activities are underway in line with the objectives and work plan set out in the project. Ensure timely submission of programme reports and provide feedback to Child Protection Specialist for action.
4. Assist in the preparation of project status reports and donor reports; relevant sections of annual report and project analyses, good practices and lessons learnt. Assist project partners for annual reviews mid term and end of project evaluations. Ensure documentation of key milestones and success stories
5. Follow up and check financial and supply reports for project activities to ensure expenditures are with in allotments; assist in managing funds and liquidating cash advances; maintain ProMS data. Support office in timely inputs for programme reviews with state government, UNICEF, New Delhi and donors.
6. Support CP specialist in the identification of key issues for system strengthening and policy advocacy based on the evidence based approaches implemented in the districts, prepare strategic reports for advocacy and policy influencing. Facilitate convergence between implementing partners and different line departments working on child protection issues including civil society organizations. Attend technical cooperation meetings, coordinate joint review meetings with UNICEF ICO and IKEA or any such visits requested by IKEA.
Qualifications, Experience and competencies required: -
• At least two years of professional work experience in project management, including monitoring and coordinating large-scale integrated child labour elimination projects, field work with rural communities and interactions with institutions at state, district and sub-district level. Experience in child protection and rights promotion an asset.
Only candidates meeting the above requirements may send their application consisting of a cover letter and an up-to-date CV by e-mail to email@example.com before the closing date.
Only applications of short listed candidates will be acknowledged. This vacancy is open to Indian Nationals only.
UNICEF is a non-smoking working environment. Applications from qualified women are encouraged.