Chief Field Office - Mumbai
Jon Code -CFM01
2. Programme planning and development: Be aware of development policies of Central and State Government and the socio-economic scenario of the area; support State Government to develop Situation Analysis/Human Development report. Support the State Government/s to develop State Plans of Action for children based on up to date situation analysis; support the implementation of UNICEF supported programme within the UNICEF-GOI country programme using appropriate strategies and interventions relevant to the State and Country Programme.
3. In the largest State Offices, where an NOD Programme Manager is in place, the following tasks will be delegated to him/her.
4. Programme implementation Lead and guide a team of professional and support staff ensuring effective and appropriate use of all human and material resources, overseeing implementation of UNICEF supported programmes, developing annual plans of action, working closely with government and other partners to ensure smooth and efficient execution of project activities. Coordinate inter-sectoral programme activities to contribute to the achievement of programme objectives and relevant MDGs.
5. Programme monitoring/evaluation: Coordinate programme evaluation efforts ensuring timely review and course correction of current programme strategies. Direct, supervise and coordinate the preparation of all programme reports required by the Executive Board, country office, and donors. Develop and make effective use of programme monitoring systems ensuring that information generated leads to decisions to improve project performance and feedback to field staff.
6. Management: Direct, supervise and coordinate the office workplan in ProMS, including programme and operations, monitor progress quarterly to ensure objectives are met. Closely monitor financial commitments, expenditure and liquidation of programme and admin. Funds allotted to the field office under the integrated budget in accordance with financial rules and regulation, ensuring accountability for resources allocated to the office and compliance with all operational systems and procedures. Establish and monitor relevant internal controls.
7. Assign tasks to staff in Field Office, monitor performance, complete the PAS process as required; ensure appropriate professional development and training of staff, identifying and recommending human resources required for programmes. Implement the MEP under the overall framework of the Country MEP goals and as relevant to the specific State setting. Hire appropriate services as required through SSA, TFTAs and outsourcing, following UNICEF's rules and regulations. Monitor performance as needed.
8. Provide leadership and support to the State Office Team, for optimal management of the State Office. Ensure the organisation of regular staff and programme meetings and follow up to decisions and recommendations. Provide input in the Country Management Team.
9. Carry out any other function as directed by the Representative
• Master’s degree in social sciences or equivalent. Leadership and Management training an asset. Knowledge of UNICEF programming policies and procedures an advantage.
Only applications of short listed candidates will be acknowledged. This vacancy is open to Indian Nationals only.
UNICEF is a non-smoking working environment. Applications from qualified women are encouraged.