How do you become part of the Global Movement?
The Global Movement is about encouraging and inspiring every individual and every organization to invest in children by doing all they can for and with them.
The more specific goals and objectives for making a meaningful difference in children’s lives are as varied as the people and groups who will make up the Global Movement. Among them:
• Heads of State and Government — Implement the Convention on the Rights of the Child and use the law to protect the best interests of children. Use the national budget to ensure children access to basic social services.
• NGOs — Become a partner in the Global Movement. Give the public every possible opportunity to become involved in child-focused campaigns and initiatives.
• Corporate sector — Consider the impact your business decisions will have on children. Extend your services to help children whenever possible. Protect the children of your employees.
• Media — Act as a responsible watchdog on all public commitments made to children. Make protection of children a priority. Give children a voice in the media.
• Individuals — Examine the way you think about and treat children. Become active, personal ambassadors for children. Work to change the world with children and adolescents.
For more details about how you can join the Global Movement for Children, log on to http://www.gmfc.org