If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a TA for a HIV/AIDS Specialist Pediatric HIV Treatment, Care and Support, P-3, Abuja, Nigeria.
Please see Terms of Reference
QUALIFICATIONS OR SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Advance university degree (at least a Masters level) in public health, medical sciences or related field.
• Eight years or more experience in decentralized programme planning, support to implementation and monitoring and evaluation in the field of PART, or PMTCT.
• Up to data knowledge on global PART, EID, PMTCT technical guidelines, programme guidance and knowledge of proven successful interventions.
• Proven experience in successfully applying this knowledge at national and subnational levels.
• Proven experience with leading bottleneck analyses, assessments etc and using the results for strategic programme planning.
• Communication- Speaks fluently English; presents information with skill and confidence; projects credibility; structures information to meet the needs and understanding of the intended audience; presents information in a well-structured and logical way.
• Relating and networking - Easily establishes good relationships with external partners and staff; builds wide and effective networks; relates well to people at all levels.
• Drive for results – Sets high standards for quality of work; independently monitors and maintains quality of work; works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves project goals; focuses on the needs and satisfaction of internal and external partners; accepts and tackles demanding goals with enthusiasm.
• Formulating strategies and concepts – Works strategically to realize goals; sets and develops strategies;
• Analyzing – Analyzes numerical data and all other sources of information, to break them into component parts, patterns and relationships; probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem; makes rational judgments from the available information and analysis; demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be a part of a much larger system.
• Deciding and initiating action – Takes responsibility for actions, projects and people: takes initiative and works under own direction; initiates and generates activities and introduces changes into work processes; makes quick, clear decisions.
If you are interested in the position and meet the requirements, please send cover letter (one-page summary statement that describes how your experience and qualification relate to the job description) and a scanned/PDF copy of the completed and signed UN Personal History Form (which can be downloaded here) to email@example.com by close of business on 5 March 2014.
Please mention the position title you are applying for on the subject line of your email.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.