If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a TA for a Research Officer, P-2, DOC, New York.
For more information, see the attached TERMS OF REFERENCE.
Required qualifications and work experience:
• M.A in international development and social science related areas;
• A minimum of two years of research and fact-checking experience, including internet-based research and facility with quantitative and quantitative data;
• Knowledge of current key development issues and trends relevant to children and women;
• Strong knowledge of UNICEF’s programmes, humanitarian activities and policies;
• Excellent research and fact-checking skills;
• Knowledge of the work of the UN system preferred;
• Knowledge of another UN language a plus.
• Setting high standards for quality of work;
• Ability to work effectively in diverse and multi-cultural environment;
• Analytical skills and good judgment;
• Attention to detail and ability to identify sensitive issues;
• Well organized and driven for results to meet tight deadlines;
• Quickly building rapport with individuals and groups;
• Flexibility to work on multiple projects and teams and a good team player;
HOW TO APPLY:
Closing date is Monday 10 March 2014.
Applications should be sent to: email@example.com. When sending to this mailbox, please ensure that the position you are applying for is quoted on the subject line.
The Personal History Form (P11) in MS Word format can be downloaded from our website at http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/index_53129.html.
Please note that acknowledgement of application will be extended only to short-listed candidates.
In the selection of its staff, UNICEF is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities: well qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.