If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a TA for a Communication Specialist, P-4, Geneva, Switzerland.
Please see Terms of Reference
• Advanced university degree in journalism, communications, international relations or other relevant field; or equivalent professional work experience, combined with a first university degree in a related discipline.
• At least 8 years experience in journalism, media relations and communications, with a minimum of at least 5 years working for a news agency. Proven understanding of world affairs, current events and international development issues.
• Experience of working in developing countries essential, preferably in emergency contexts. Experience of handling media and managing information in crisis situations.
• Extensive experience of writing and editing in English; thorough working knowledge of French.
• Experience working for the United Nations or other international organizations;
• Ability to exercise good judgment under pressure. Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with strong attention to detail.
• Knowledge of current theories and practices in communications and the role of the mass media.
• Proven ability to conceptualize, plan and execute ideas as well as transfer knowledge and skills.
• Has highest level communication skills, including engaging and informative formal public speaking.
• Ability to analyze potentially conflicting numerical, verbal and other data from a number of sources to produce tightly written, compelling and accurate press materials.
• Anticipates and actively tracks media reporting, constantly seeking new opportunities for advancing UNICEF`s mission
• Consistently achieves high level results, delivering tasks on time and with great attention to getting it right.
• Creates and encourages a climate of team working and collaboration in a multi cultural environment
• Actively nurtures good relationships with people across all organizational levels and boundaries, with the press, and with partners.
HOW TO APPLY:
Closing date is Monday 10 March 2014.
Applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. When sending to this mailbox, please ensure that the position you are applying for is quoted on the subject line.
The Personal History Form (P11) in MS Word format can be downloaded from our website at http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/index_53129.html.
Please note that acknowledgement of application will be extended only to short-listed candidates.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.