If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a Education Specialist, Emergencies, P-3, Dakar, Senegal.
Please see Terms of Reference
- Advanced university degree in Education, Social/Behavioral Sciences or related technical field
- 5 years progressively responsible professional work experience at the national and international levels in developing, implementing and supporting education program and policies, strategic planning with substantial experience in emergency and crisis situations.
- Experience in West and Central Africa is desirable. Experience in UNICEF or other UN agency or large (I)NGO would be an asset.
• Good communication skills, including developing points and arguments from initial simplicity to final comprehensiveness, giving the overall work a logical progression of ideas.
• Creates and encourages a climate of team-working and collaboration in a multi-cultural environment.
• Consistently achieves high-level results, managing and delivering projects on-time and on-budget.
• Role-models appropriate behaviors, communicates and monitors measureable standards which the behavior of others must meet.
• Translates strategic direction into medium and long term plans and objectives and takes into account a wide range of issues across, and related to, the UNICEF as a whole.
• Analyzes and integrates diverse and complex quantitative and qualitative data from a wide range of sources.
• Quickly builds rapport with individuals and groups, actively nurtures good relationships with people across all organizational levels and boundaries, and with government leaders and stakeholders.
• Identifies urgent and potentially risky decisions and acts on them promptly.
• Negotiates effectively by exploring a range of possibilities.
• Demonstrates detailed and comprehensive knowledge of EiE area; maintains a comprehensive knowledge of related external issues and knows about research and upcoming developments.
• Demonstrates ability to work effectively with Government counterparts, work colleagues, UN agencies (I)NGOs and other partners under stressful situations.
• Shows willingness to travel and work under difficult conditions.
Languages: Fluency in French and English. Ability to write reports in clear and readable language.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are qualified and interested in the position and meet the requirements, please forward your application with updated curriculum vitae and UN Personal History Form (available at www.unicef.org/employ), with “the title of the position as the subject’’, via email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by 7 March 2014.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.