If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a Temporary Appointment for Education Cluster Coordinator, P-3, Education, Bamako, Mali.
For more information, see the attached TERMS OF REFERENCE.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
· Advanced university degree in the combination of the selective disciplines relevant to the following areas: Education; Primary Education, Economics, Social Sciences, or a field(s) relevant to international development assistance.
· Formal training in cluster co-ordination and/or demonstrated experience of effective high level co-ordination and chairing of meetings
· At least 5 years of professional work experience at national and international levels in fields relevant to Education.
· Demonstrated professional technical expertise in education in emergencies, early recovery and post-crisis transition.
· In depth understanding of and trainings related to Education in Emergencies (INEE Minimum Standards, Cluster Coordination etc.)
· Excellent advocacy skills particularly in relation to advocating for education provision in humanitarian crises
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Demonstrable understanding of international humanitarian response architecture, co-ordination mechanisms, humanitarian reform and action
· Understanding of the humanitarian funding mechanisms including (i.e. Consolidated Appeals Process, Central Emergency Response Fund and Flash Appeals)
· Fluency in French and English. Knowledge of the local language (Bambara) an asset.
· Experience working in the UN or other international development organization an asset.
· Core Values (Required)
· Commitment to humanitarian principles and to the right of children and youth to education in emergency situations and recognition of the critical importance of education in emergencies as a first-phase humanitarian response
· Ability to put aside one’s own organisational interests and work impartially serving all cluster stakeholders on equal terms
· Demonstrated integrity
Core Competencies (Required)
· Working with People
· Drive for Results
Functional Competencies (Required)
· Leading and Supervising
· Formulating Strategies and Concepts
· Relating and Networking
· Deciding and Initiating Action
· Persuading and Influencing
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are requested to submit a CV and UN Personal History (P-11 form) (download here) to Mali_Recruitment@unicef.org by 6 November, 2013.
Please note that only candidates who are under serious consideration will be contacted.
In the selection of its staff, UNICEF is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities: well qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.