If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a temporary appointment for a Regional MHPSS Specialist, P-4, Dakar, Senegal.
Please see Terms of Reference
Qualifications of Successful Candidate:
Education: Advanced University Degree in Psychology, Social Work or similar discipline
Work Experience and Requirements:
· Minimum eight years of progressively responsible professional work experience in the field of psychosocial care and support at a national and international level
· At least five years’ experience working in emergencies
Computer Skills: Skills including use of relevant software and other applications, e.g. word processing, spreadsheets, internal databases.
- Proven experience integrating PSS in emergency response
- Proven experience integrated Sector PSS planning and programming
- Proven ability to strategically identify and prioritize issues; conceptualize, develop, plan and manage programs, as well as to impart knowledge and teach skills
- Proven leadership, coordination and teamwork abilities
- Proven training and facilitating skills
- Excellent analytical, negotiating, communication and advocacy skills
- Strong motivation to work with minimum supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to work in an international, multicultural environment and establish and maintain effective and harmonious working relationships both within and outside the organisation
- Knowledge of latest developments (including IASC MHPSS Guidelines and PFA) and research at global level in psychosocial support
- Ability and willingness to travel to countries in the region for at least 40% of the duration of the assignment.
Language Proficiency: Fluency in oral and written French and English is essential.
· Core Values (Required): Commitment, Diversity and Inclusion, Integrity
· Core Competencies (Required): Communication, Drive for Results, Working with People
Functional Competencies (Required): Analyzing, Applying Technical Expertise, Deciding and Initiating Action, Formulating Strategies and Concepts, Leading and Supervising, Relating and Networking
If you are qualified and interested in the position and meet the requirements, please forward your application with updated curriculum vitae and UN Personal History Form (available at www.unicef.org/employ), with “Regional MHPSS Specialist” as the subject’, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by 30.08.13.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.