If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a Child Protection Specialist to support the implementation of the UNICEF Jerusalem Strategy and Action Plan on children in Israeli military detention. For more information, see the attached Terms of Reference.
Expected background/Experience and required competencies
- Education: Advanced university degree in law.
- Work Experience: At least seven (7) years of progressively advanced work experience in the field of juvenile justice reform or juvenile detention.
- Language Proficiency: English mother tongue or equivalent level. Fluency in a second UN language.
- Other desired attributes:
- Proven track record in writing child rights or human rights documents.
- High command of English and demonstrated writing skills in English language.
- Ability to effectively work in highly sensitive political environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of child rights and child protection.
- A thorough appreciation of the principles guiding UNICEF’s work – impartiality, neutrality, do no harm.
i) Core Values
• Diversity and Inclusion
ii) Core Competencies
• Communication [ II ]
• Working with People [ II ]
• Drive for Results [ II ]
iii) Functional Competencies
• Leading and Supervising [I ]
Formulating Strategies and Concepts [ II ]
• Analyzing [ III]
• Team work [ III]
• Communication skills [ III]
• Drive for results [ III]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.