If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a Representative, D-1, Colombo, Sri Lanka.
Under the general supervision of the Regional Director, the incumbent will be responsible for the overall development, formulation, conception and management of the UNICEF Country Programme of Cooperation (Medium to large size CO), approved by the Executive Board. Key responsibilities include:
· Represents the Executive Director in all aspects of UNICEF's co-operation with the Government/Country Office. Collaborate as part of the UNCT in this regard.
· Accountable for the formulation and management of the UNICEF Country Programme of Cooperation, as approved by the Executive Board.
· Accountable for UNICEF's advocacy with the government and other partners for the enhancement of the survival, protection, development and participation of children and women in national development efforts.
· Responsible for all aspects of office management of the UNICEF country office.
· Supports implementation of the UNICEF supported emergency programme, ensuring that the Situation Analysis and EPRP are regularly updated.
· Participates in organizational and institutional initiatives to strengthen UN Coherence. Ensuring that joint programming (including joint programmes) and common services are achieved to the extent possible.
· Provides policy support, guidance and advocacy on the development and establishment of common services arrangements agreed to by participating organizations/agencies at the country level. To ensure that these joint operational arrangements, assists UNICEF in its objective to provide efficient and economical support services to the implementation of the country programme.
· Provides policy support, guidance and advocacy as required in emergency situations and other humanitarian programme implementation. Collaborate as part of the UNCT in this regard.
· Advanced university degree in Social Sciences, International Relations, Government, Public Administration, Public Policy, Social Policy, Social Development, Community Development, or other relevant disciplines.
· Twelve to thirteen years of relevant professional work experience. Experience in programme/ projects management. Building strategic alliances and partnerships and resource mobilization.
· International and Developing country work experience and field work experience.
· Background/familiarity with Emergency.
· Rights-based and Results-based approach and programming in UNICEF.
· Integration and synthesis of various programme activities in accordance with professional practices and UNICEF programme policy, procedures and guidelines.
· Expert knowledge of advanced concepts in primary discipline, with a broad knowledge of related disciplines, in-depth knowledge of relevant organizational policies and procedures.
· Building strategic alliances and partnerships/Resource mobilization: leverages the larger resources of national governments and other development partners.
· Capacity to make socio-political assessment and its implications on UNICEF programming.
· Politically savvy
· Solid leadership, managerial and people skills
· Strong negotiation skills, maturity and sensitivity to handle difficult situations including staff
·Fluency in English.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.