If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a Temporary Appointee Construction Manager, P-4, Freetown, Sierra Leone.
Please see Terms of Reference
• Advanced university degree in civil engineering/construction, with extensive experience in the design and supervision of infrastructure construction works.
• Eight years of professional work experience in construction with a focus on design, standardization and monitoring, with three years minimum in the context of a developing country.
• Knowledge of International and local standards related to infrastructure, structural and civil engineering.
• Excellent working knowledge of computers packages including AutoCAD software.
• Ability to express clearly and concisely ideas and concepts in written and oral form and to produce reports in a timely manner.
• Ability to work independently as well as with a team in an international, multicultural and interdisciplinary environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization.
• Excellent oral and writing skills in English.
If you have got experience of working in a similar capacity and want to make an active and lasting contribution to build a better world for children, please send a CV, cover letter and signed P11 form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 29 April 2013.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.