If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a Specialist to support the information management responsibilities as an integral part of a coordinated approach to child protection during the emergency.
Please see Terms of Reference
• Advanced degree in social sciences, (e.g. in humanitarian affairs, political science, development studies, demography or a related field) or the equivalent combination of education and experience in a related area. Specialization in ICT is an asset.
• A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in information management for the humanitarian sector, including use of mapping software & spatial analysis.
• A minimum of 2 years of professional experience with child protection or any other aspect of protection in emergency, including demonstrated understanding of CP or protection needs assessments.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the cluster approach.
• Strong interest and motivation for inter-agency coordination.
• Flexibility, diplomacy, leadership, cultural sensitivity and the ability to work well both alone and in teams
• Excellent communication skills in French and fluency in English.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are requested to please submit a cover letter, CV, signed P11 form to Mali_Recruitment@unicef.org with subject line “Child Protection Specialist on Information Management, P-3, Bamako, Mali” by 26 March 2013.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.