If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a Deputy GBV AoR Coordinator to facilitate development and implementation of the GBV AoR work plan, and to ensure that Working Group members are engaged, including by taking leadership on key AoR work plan outputs.
Please see Terms of Reference
• Advanced University Degree or equivalent in gender studies, social anthropology, law and women’s rights, sociology, cultural studies, public health, demography, socio-economics, or other field directly related to the substantive area identified in the title of the post.
• At least eight (8) years of relevant experience in humanitarian affairs, ideally with the United Nations system or NGOs. Experience in humanitarian response/recovery preferred.
• Demonstrated work experience in GBV in humanitarian settings;
• Knowledge of IASC Transformative Agenda and the cluster approach.
• Knowledge of the UN and UNICEF’s system's policies and procedures, including humanitarian response mechanisms.
• Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit a letter of interest, outlining your relevant background and experience and an updated P11 form to Gwyn Lewis at e-mail: email@example.com with the subject line “Deputy Director GBV AoR, P-4, Geneva, Switzerland” by Thursday 7 February 2013.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.