If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a specialist to contribute to the implementation of the education program in the West and Central Africa Region (WCAR).
Please see Terms of Reference
Advanced university degree in Education, Social/Behavioral Sciences or related technical field.
5 years progressively responsible professional work experience at the national and international levels in developing, implementing and supporting education program and policies, strategic planning with substantial experience in emergency and crisis situations. Experience in West- and Central Africa is desirable. Experience in UNICEF or other UN agency or large (I)NGO, would be an asset.
• Good communication skills, including developing points and arguments from initial simplicity to final comprehensiveness, giving the overall work a logical progression of ideas.
• Create and encourage a climate of team-working and collaboration in a multi-cultural environment.
• Consistently achieve high-level results, managing and delivering projects on-time and on-budget.
• Role-model appropriate behaviors communicate and monitor measureable standards which the behavior of others must meet.
• Translate strategic direction into medium and long term plans and objectives and take into account a wide range of issues across, and related to, the UNICEF as a whole.
• Analyze and integrate diverse and complex quantitative and qualitative data from a wide range of sources.
• Quickly build rapport with individuals and groups, actively nurture good relationships with people across all organizational levels and boundaries, and with government leaders and stakeholders.
• Identify urgent and potentially risky decisions and act on them promptly.
• Negotiate effectively by exploring a range of possibilities.
• Demonstrate detailed and comprehensive knowledge of EiE area; maintain a comprehensive knowledge of related external issues and knows about research and upcoming developments.
• Demonstrate ability to work effectively with Government counterparts, work colleagues, UN agencies (I)NGOS and other partners under stressful situations.
• Show willingness to travel and work under difficult conditions.
Fluency in French and English (written and spoken). Ability to write reports in clear and readable language.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are requested to please submit a cover letter, CV, signed P11 form to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Education Specialist (Emergency), P-3, Dakar Regional Office, Senegal” by 5 February 2013.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.