If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a Temporary Appointee Social Media Community Coordinator, P-2, New York.
Please see Terms of Reference
● Five year experience in social media, marketing and/or (youth) engagement, in particular with social media tools and platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Flickr, YouTube, Vimeo, etc.
● Experience in implementing social media strategies for non-profit organizations and/or private sector companies and tracking their success and analysing results is essential.
● Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing for social networking functions.
● Ability to integrate PR/comms initiatives with social media marketing.
● Understand and can utilize emerging platforms and social media measurement tools including: Awareness, Radian6, Sprout Social, HootSuite, Seesmic, Tweetdeck, Klout, Peer Index, etc.
● Ability to manage multiple initiatives and priorities within specified timeframes.
● Proven ability to present and communicate new projects to a varied audience.
● Proven skills in communication, networking, strategic thinking, advocacy, negotiation.
● Proven ability to conceptualize, plan and execute ideas as well as transfer knowledge and skills.
● Strong writing and communication skills and the aptitude to handle competing messages and priorities with multiple audiences, including experience in writing for the web.
● Experience in reporting on qualitative and quantitative analytics.
● International professional experience of living and working in a developing country
● A strong understanding of UNICEF programmes and policy, including knowledge of youth participation and partnership goals, as well as sound interpretation and judgment to present these programmes and policies in a way that enhances UNICEF’s image.
● Bachelor Degree in social science, marketing, journalism, international affairs or communication, masters highly preferred.
● High command of English. Other languages such as Spanish, French and Arabic are a plus.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.