7. Eradicate violence against the girl-child.
- Take measures to protect girls from all forms of violence, including sexual abuse, and sexual harassment of girls in educational and other institutions
- Undertake gender sensitization training for those assisting girls who are victims of violence
- Develop age-appropriate and confidential programmes and medical, social and psychological support services to assist girls who are subjected to violence
8. Promote the girl-child's awareness of and participation in social, economic and political life.
- Provide access for girls to training, information and the media to voice their views
- Support NGOs, particularly youth organizations, in their efforts to promote the equality and participation of girls in society
9. Strengthen the role of the family in improving the status of the girl-child.
- Provide an environment that facilitates the strengthening of families and their ability to protect, respect and promote the potential of girls
- Educate and encourage parents to treat girls and boys equally and ensure share responsibilities of girls and boys in the family