Financial Management Consultancy - Consultancy - Addis Ababa - 12 November 2013
Purpose of the post
Under the general supervision of Finance and Procurement Directorate Director in the Federal Ministry of Health as first supervisor and Chief of Health in UNICEF as second supervisor, the consultant will work towards strengthening the finance directorate by taking responsibility under the leadership of the director to facilitate the smooth transaction of funds allocated to the FMoH.
Major Duties and Responsibilities of this post include:
· Develop disbursement plan and facilitate disbursement of funds;
· Prepare accurate and timely financial report to appropriate bodies;
· Ensure that the account are ready for external audit;
· Ascertain that audit findings and recommendations are taken care of;
· Ensure that the FMOH advances accounts are reconciled with regions and agencies;
· Ensure that procurement advances given to UN agencies settled and reconciled timely;
· Establish maintain and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures;
· Analyze and review budget and expenditure Monitor and review accounting related system report for accuracy and completeness;
· Prepare and review budget invoice and other accounting documents;
· Resolve accounting discrepancy;
· Recommend, develop and maintain financial data base, computer software systems and manual filing systems;
· Harmonize financial reporting system of government and MDG funds;
· Supervise the input and handling of financial data and report for the company automated financial system;
· Interact with internal and external auditors in completing audit;
· Build the capacity and coach junior staff of the directorate and regional staffs;
· Reconciliation and liquidation of funds;
· Other duties as assigned.
· The consultant will be based in Addis Ababa FMoH/PPDG/FRMD office with frequent field travel;
· The FMoH is responsible to arrange transportation for field work, provide office & computer;
· The consultant will be paid on the basis of Agreement of performance of work for one year, & arrangement for payment will be monthly after the performance evaluation of submission and acceptance of the report;
· The consultants will be reporting to the FMoH, FRM directorate/grant management unit. The consultant shall be paid from the Health Pool Fund on the basis of UNICEF’s scale.
Education requirements: *Advance university degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related fields. *A first level university degree with a relevant combination of academic qualifications and experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Work Experience: A minimum of eight years professional work experience with proven ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports and projections; Knowledge of government finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control system including financial regulations required. Ability to promote team work in the Ministry of Health and other stakeholders is required. Familiarity with health systems policies and sectoral reform processes; good skill in computer software like Peachtree and other computerized accounting software is mandatory.
Language requirement: Fluency in English and knowledge of the local working language of the duty station.
Nationality: Candidates should be nationals of Ethiopia.
Competencies: Commitment, Diversity and Inclusion, Integrity, Communication , Working with People, Drive for Result, Leading and Supervising, Formulating Strategies and Concepts , Analyzing, Relating and Networking, Persuading and Influencing, Creating and Innovating.
Applications must include motivation letter, an updated CV, and a completed UN Personal History Form (P-11) available at goo.gl/9mvar
Please DO NOT ATTACH COPIES OF TRANSCRIPTS, ACADEMIC DEGREES OR RECOMMENDATION LETTERS WITH THE APPLICATION.
UNICEF and UN candidates must also include two recent Performance Evaluation Reports.
Please deliver/send your application to: Human Resources Manager, UNICEF-Ethiopia, Opposite ECA Compound, Adjacent to German House, P.O. Box 1169, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org