New York, 18 September 2013: Media Advisory: Social Good Summit 2013
Panel: Making the invisible visible. Using innovation to #ENDViolence Against Children
- Anthony Lake, UNICEF Executive Director
- Ishmael Beah, UNICEF Advocate for Children Affected by War
- Jimmie Briggs, Founder of ManUp, a global campaign to address gender based violence
- Rebecca Chiao, Co-founder and Director, HarassMap, a volunteer initiative that uses SMSs and online technology with offline community mobilization to end the social acceptability of sexual harassment.
- Moderated by Haroon Mokhtarzada, co-founder of the Social Gaming Network and outspoken male voice on ending violence against women
What: Violence against children is all too often unseen, unheard and underreported. Ordinary citizens, lawmakers and governments must speak out more forcefully to fight violence against children. Panel members will discuss the need for the world to bring together new ideas and innovations to focus collective action on this goal.
When: 3:25 - 3:55 p.m, 24 September 2013
Where: 92nd Street Y
Background: The Social Good Summit 2013 focuses on “The world we want in 2030”, and brings together innovators, experts and activists with an interest in social media to discuss and design ways in which that world can be designed through social activism.
Tag your Tweets, Updates, Check-Ins, Photos and Videos with #2030NOW
More information on the Social Good Summit at: http://mashable.com/sgs
For further information, please contact:
Kate Donovan, UNICEF Media, email@example.com Tel: 1212 326 7452
Hugh Reilly, Social Media Community Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
Malene Jensen, UNICEF Celebrity Relations, 1 212 303 7970, email@example.com