UNICEF Office for Bosnia and Herzegovina is seeking enthusiastic and qualified candidates for the consultancy:
Consultant - Evaluation of Implementation of the Preschool Education Strategy in Bosnia & Herzegovina
Under the overall supervision of the UNICEF Education Officer, the consultant is expected to provide technical assistance to the Ministry of Civil Affairs, Education Department, and the appointed Working Group members from relevant education institutions in preparing a Report on the Implementation of the Preschool Education Strategy in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
• Analyze the existing Preschool Education Strategy and identify milestones as well as specific goals set in the Strategy;
• Develop a methodology for reporting on the implementation;
• Develop a questionnaire to be sent to all Ministries of Education and UNICEF for comments and inputs;
• Facilitate three meetings of the Working Group (WG) to:
a) Present and test the questionnaire (1st workshop);
b) Review the findings (evaluation and analysis of data and information received through the questionnaire, additional clarification and cross-checking the data - 2nd workshop);
c) Present the first draft of the Report with recommendations to the WG members (3rd workshop);
• Write the Report with recommendations on the Implementation of the Preschool Education Strategy and present the final draft to the Ministry of Civil Affairs and UNICEF, as well as other partners.
Essential Requirements Qualifications and Experience:
• Advanced degree in Education, Social Science or related field
• Minimum 10 years of experience and expertise in early childhood education
• Excellent knowledge of education policies, laws and strategies
• Knowledge of the structure of preschool education in BiH as integral part of the education system
• Strong communication, analytical, interpersonal and writing skills
• Published academic articles and / or research findings
• Collaboration on international projects in the area of education is an asset
For further details, please contact UNICEF Bosnia and Herzegovina, Human Resources office in Sarajevo.
Applications consisting of a covering letter of interest, curriculum vitae and contact details of two referees should be addressed to Human Resources – UNICEF Office for Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kolodvorska 6 Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina quoting Vacancy Notice Reference SAR/2012/07c.
Applicants must be citizens of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Closing date for applications: 14 September 2012
UNICEF is committed to diversity and gender equality in its workplace.
TERMS OF REFERENCE