National Project Officer – Social Protection and Inclusion in the BIRAC Region October 2013 – July 2014 (with possibility of extension) Duty Station: Srebrenica - re-advertisement
VACANCY NOTICE: SAR/2013/13c - re-advertisement
UNICEF Bosnia and Herzegovina is seeking enthusiastic and qualified candidates for the following position:
National Project Officer – Social Protection and Inclusion in the BIRAC Region
October 2013 – July 2014 (with possibility of extension)
Duty Station: Srebrenica
Under the supervision of the UNICEF Social Protection Specialist, and in close consultation with the UN Project Coordinator, as well as relevant UNICEF Project Officers and Deputy Representative, the contractor will provide technical assistance to implement the UNICEF components of the Birac Region “Advancement and Cooperation project” (Birac Project).
• Develop annual work plans and ensure quality and timely implementation of activities planned under the Birac Project, in compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations and donor requirements;
• Provide technical assistance to Birac Municipalities for the establishment of Social Protection and Inclusion (SPI) Commissions and Operations teams, carrying out situation analyses in line with the Human Rights Based Approach to programming and the development of local SPI Action Plans;
• Facilitate communication and coordination between SPI Commissions, government institutions, civil society organizations and other partners. Ensure smooth cooperation and exchanges between the SPI Commissions and Local Action Group (LAG);
• In collaboration with the UNDP project team, ensure that local social protection and inclusion action plans are incorporated into the regional strategy;
• Coordinate capacity development activities with local stakeholders under the guidance of relevant UNICEF project staff, in the areas of child protection, inclusive education, health, early childhood development and communication for development;
• Liaise with UNDP and UNHCR project teams to ensure smooth exchange of information and attend project management team meetings as required;
• Liaise with partners and UNICEF colleagues for the preparation and organization of meetings, workshops and other related events. Organize field visits for UNICEF staff, government partners and donors;
• Contribute to the development of cooperation agreements, project documents, budgets and terms of reference for service contracts as required.
• Follow up on cash transfers and financial reporting, including supplies for Municipalities;
• Liaise with the UNICEF Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist to ensure quality project monitoring;
• Prepare project briefs, progress and donor reports as per UNICEF required standards.
Essential Requirements, Qualifications and Experience:
• University degree in social sciences / socio-economic development or other related field;
• Minimum five years of experience in management of programmes related to social protection and inclusion;
• Knowledge of social protection and inclusion systems in Bosnia and Herzegovina;
• Experience in working with municipal authorities and service providers;
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical, conceptual skills;
• Planning, organizational and monitoring skills;
• Ability to make timely and quality judgments and decisions;
• Experience in working with international organizations;
• Fluency in English and local languages, with excellent writing skills.
For further details please contact Human Resources at UNICEF Office in Sarajevo (033 293 600).
Expression of Interest, consisting of a cover letter, curriculum vitae and contact details of two referees should be addressed to Human Resources – UNICEF Office for Bosnia and Herzegovina, Zmaja od Bosne b.b. Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, or e-mail: email@example.com quoting Vacancy Notice Reference SAR/2013/13c re-advertisement
Closing date for applications: 18 October 2013
UNICEF is a non-smoking environment. UNICEF is committed to diversity and gender equality in its workplace.