Part time support to the Campaign “It’s About Ability”
VACANCY NOTICE: SAR/2013/08c
UNICEF Office for Bosnia and Herzegovina is seeking enthusiastic and qualified candidates for:
Part time support to the Campaign “It’s About Ability”, for a period of six months
The Individual contractor shall work under the supervision and guidance of the Communication for Development Officer and in close collaboration with the Communication Officer and Programme staff. He/she will provide direct technical assistance and support for the implementation of the campaign “It’s About Ability” (hereinafter referred to as Campaign).
• Assist in identifying potential partners among media companies (TV, radio broadcasters, internet portals, newspapers, magazines…), private companies, civil society organizations etc
• Assist in managing a database of partners and “Friends of the Campaign”
• Establish first contacts, schedule and organize meetings with potential partners. This includes drafting and sending letters related to the Campaign
• Assist in organizing workshops, conferences or meetings, including providing logistical support, following-up on invitation letters and confirmations
• Provide support and coordination to organize field events and missions
• Assist in maintenance of the Facebook page, posting regular updates on the Campaign
• Compile materials related to the Campaign including relevant press clippings
• Other relevant tasks as requested
Essential Requirements, Qualifications and Experience:
• Minimum 5 years of experience in progressively responsible administrative work, of which at least 3 years closely related to campaigns, social marketing and communication
• Completion of secondary education, supplemented by technical or university courses in a field related to the work requirements
• University Degree in the field of Communication or Marketing will be an asset
• Knowledge and understanding of UNICEF’s work in Bosnia and Herzegovina
• Previous experience with UN will be an asset
• Excellent communication and people skills
• Excellent writing skills
• Excellent networking capabilities
• Fluency in English and B&H official languages
For further details please contact Human Resources at UNICEF Office in Sarajevo.
Expression of Interest, consisting of a cover letter, curriculum vitae and contact details of two referees should be addressed to Human Resources – UNICEF Office for Bosnia and Herzegovina, Zmaja od Bosne b.b. Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, or e-mail: email@example.com quoting Vacancy Notice Reference SAR/2013/08c.
Closing date for applications: 21 June 2013
UNICEF is a non-smoking environment. UNICEF is committed to diversity and gender equality in its workplace.