Individual Consultant: Coordinator for Media Workshops and Annual Media Award 2013
Vacancy Notice: SAR/2013/05c
UNICEF Office for Bosnia and Herzegovina is seeking enthusiastic and qualified candidates for the consultancy:
Coordinator for Media Workshops and Annual Media Award 2013
1 May – 30 November 2013
The purpose of this consultancy is to facilitate the successful implementation of the MICS dissemination and to offer an interactive and participatory media workshop focused on ethical reporting about issues concerning child rights, in line with UNICEF-s priorities as outlined within the MTR process
Under the supervision of the UNICEF Communications Officer, and in consultation with the UNICEF Programme Team, the consultant will undertake the following key tasks:
• Review available press clipping and media monitoring reports in order to recognize the potential applicants and establish contacts with them in order to facilitate their submissions. Prepare thematic presentations based on media monitoring, on treatment of children and child rights issues in the media.
• Conduct preparatory consultations/meetings with journalists and editors that participated in previous workshops organized by UNICEF and partners, in order to assist in preparation of the presentations for two workshops to be presented by participants.
• Assist in preparation of the Call for Submissions for the UNICEF Annual Media Award 2013.
• Contact the potential applicants for the UNICEF Annual Media Award 2013 and offer assistance in preparation of their submissions to the Call for Submissions, which will be announced in the Workshop in May.
• Establish contacts with the potential jury members (interested candidates) and agree on the way of evaluation and selection criteria. The jury members should be recognized experiences journalists, editors, juvenile justice professionals or child rights experts.
• Coordinate the selection committee meeting, prepare minutes and report on the final decision.
Essential Requirements, Qualifications and Experience:
• University degree in Communication, Journalism or other relevant field and/or have at least 10 years of professional experience in journalism, communication, public information planning, in one or more of the following fields: Juvenile Justice, Justice and rule of Law, child protection, social development
• Experience in and be dedicated to programmes for children and families
• Ability to work independently and to welcome comments/instructions
• Strong analytical and writing skills
• Good knowledge of UNICEF, Child Rights, Communication for Development and the media situation in Bosnia and Herzegovina
• Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and sensitivity to different cultural context and situations.
• Good computer skills
• Proficiency in English
For detailed Terms of Reference of the consultancy please visit UNICEF B&H web.
For further details, please contact UNICEF Bosnia and Herzegovina, Human Resources office in Sarajevo.
Applications consisting of a covering letter of interest, curriculum vitae and contact details of two referees should be addressed to Human Resources – UNICEF Office for Bosnia and Herzegovina, Zmaja od Bosne b.b. Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina quoting Vacancy Notice Reference SAR/2013/05c.
Tel: 387 33 293 600, Fax: 387 33 642 970, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.unicef.ba
Applicants must be citizens of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Closing date for applications: 26 April 2013
UNICEF is committed to diversity and gender equality in its workplace.