Individual National Consultant - Disaster risk reduction and child safety
UNICEF Office for Bosnia and Herzegovina is seeking enthusiastic and qualified candidates for the consultancy:
Individual National Consultant
DISASTER RISK REDUCTION AND CHILD SAFETY IN BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA
1st March 2013 - 15 October 2013
As part of a sub-regional project on Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and Child Safety, UNICEF BiH is implementing activities in Bosnia and Herzegovina. The project aims at promoting DRR and emergency preparedness and response, with special attention to vulnerable children. Under the overall supervision of the UNICEF Project Officer responsible for DRR and the Deputy Representative, the Consultant will provide technical inputs and assistance in implementing activities under this project in two municipalities, Tuzla in the FBiH and Bijeljina in the RS.
• Provide technical inputs and support required for the planning, management, coordination, implementation and monitoring of the DRR Project in the two target municipalities, Tuzla and Bijeljina;
• Provide comments to the “Disaster Risk Analysis Methodology Manual”, prepared by the UNICEF CEE/CIS Regional Office;
• Provide technical support and inputs to the design, delivery and facilitation of the training workshops on DRR and Child Safety for municipal authorities and other stakeholders, to be held in Tuzla and Bijeljina in March 2013; take notes and prepare reports on both workshops;
• Provide technical support to the Tuzla and Bijeljina Working Groups on Disaster Risk Reduction and Child Safety for drafting the Local disaster risk and vulnerability assessments;
• Coordinate, together with UNICEF and partners, the activities related to DRR and child safety, to be implemented e.g. in the selected schools in Tuzla and Bijeljina;
• Monitor the implementation of activities, prepare trip reports with comments and recommendations, and document best practices;
• Liaise with the Ministry of Security and other partners to ensure effective communication between all stakeholders;
• Liaise with implementing partners to ensure consistency of implemented activities with UNICEF approach to DRR;
• Undertake other relevant tasks as required.
Essential Requirements, Qualifications and Experience:
• An advanced degree in geography, engineering, environment management, social sciences or related field;
• Experience in project management;
• Minimum two years of experience in Disaster Risk Reduction projects and emergency management;
• Experience in facilitating trainings and workshops;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• Planning, organizational and monitoring skills; ability to organize work and projects;
• Commitment to continuous learning for professional development;
• Previous collaboration with some partners involved in these fields will be an asset;
• Fluency in English and local languages, with excellent writing skills.
For further details, please contact UNICEF Bosnia and Herzegovina, Human Resources office in Sarajevo.
Applications consisting of a covering letter of interest, curriculum vitae and contact details of two referees should be addressed to Human Resources – UNICEF Office for Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kolodvorska 6 Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina quoting Vacancy Notice Reference SAR/2013/03c.
Tel: 387 33 723 300, Fax: 387 33 642 970, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.unicef.ba
Applicants must be citizens of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Closing date for applications: 25 February 2013
UNICEF is committed to diversity and gender equality in its workplace.