Social Work in the Education System in the Republika Srpska
UNICEF Office for Bosnia and Herzegovina is seeking enthusiastic and qualified candidates for the consultancy:
Social Work in the Education System - Support to Develop Standards for and Capacities of Social Workers in Primary Schools in the Republika Srpska
Under the Project “Strengthening the Social Protection and Inclusion System for Children in Bosnia and Herzegovina“ supported by the European Union, UNICEF BiH aims at contributing to the protection and social inclusion of children. UNICEF is seeking to engage an individual consultant to support development of Standards for and Capacities of Social Workers in Primary Schools in Republika Srpska. Under the supervision of the UNICEF Social Policy Specialist and in coordination with the Republika Srpska Ministry of Health and Social Welfare, the consultant will:
• Conduct a situation analysis to assess the needs and possibilities for the institutionalization of social work in primary schools. The situation analysis will examine the scope and types of issues affecting primary school children and their parents. It will also assess the understanding and expectations of school staff, including currently engaged social workers, on social workers’ expected roles and responsibilities within the referral system. The primary target groups of the research are school children and their parents, school staff and social workers currently employed in certain number of schools in RS.
The situation analysis will include:
• Desk review:
(1) collect and analyze all available data/ documentation related to social work in schools in the RS (such as existing ToRs, school rules and regulations, reports etc);
(2) quantitative and qualitative research: define the survey sample; develop a research instruments; conduct research; analyze the data and develop final situation analysis.
• Conduct trainings for social workers and other staff (pedagogues, school managers, teachers) in schools, as follows:
(1) develop training curriculum;
(2) prepare a proposal for the organization of the trainings;
(3) develop the instruments (questionnaires) to evaluate trainings and follow up to the evaluation findings;
(4) conduct two 2-day regional trainings for social workers and other school staff for minimum 30 participants each;
(5) write a report on the trainings completed, including the evaluation of trainings;
• Develop guidelines for social work in schools:
(1) develop draft Guidelines for social work in schools;
(2) develop final Guidelines;
(3) editing and preparation of zero version for printing.
Essential Requirements Qualifications and Experience:
• Advanced degree in area of social sciences (preferably social work);
• Minimum 15 years of work experience;
• Experience in conducting qualitative and quantitative analysis in the area of social protection and inclusion or
• Experience in facilitating training workshops on social work and child protection, for social workers and other
• Knowledge of political systems in Bosnia and Herzegovina;
• Excellent analytical and writing skills;
• Strong communicational, interpersonal and facilitating skills;
• Good organizational skills;
• Knowledge of the Bosnia and Herzegovina national languages is advantage;
• Work experience in the Western Balkan is advantage;
• Previous work experience with the UN agency is advantage
For further details, please contact UNICEF Bosnia and Herzegovina, Human Resources office in Sarajevo.
Applications consisting of a covering letter of interest, curriculum vitae and contact details of two referees should be addressed to Human Resources – UNICEF Office for Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kolodvorska 6 Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina quoting Vacancy Notice Reference SAR/2012/12c.
Tel: 387 33 723 300, Fax: 387 33 642 970, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.unicef.ba
Closing date for applications: 10 January 2013
UNICEF is committed to diversity and gender equality in its workplace.