Submissions open for Meena Media Award 2015
This year, submissions are solicited in two different age groups: Under-18 and 18 & above and six categories:• Print media – reports (news reports, features, post editorials)
• Print media – creative (articles, stories, poems)
• Television – reports (news reports, features, documentaries)
• Television – creative (programmes other than news, e.g. short film, plays, songs)
• Radio- reports (news reports, features, documentaries)
• Radio- creative (programmes other than news, e.g. short film, plays, songs)
News, articles, features and television & radio programmes that investigate and explore children’s issues to improve the lives of children in Bangladesh, or provide healthy entertainment for children are eligible to compete for the award. Entries should have been published or broadcast between May 01, 2014 and April 30, 2015. The deadline to receive entries is June 01, 2015.
Introduced in 2005, Meena Media Award has stepped into the eleven year in 2015. The award recognizes excellence in promoting children’s issues in the media. The award is named after Meena, the popular animation character created in Bangladesh. Meena is the iconic girl child, a change agent, whose attractive stories champion the rights of children across South Asia.