The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is seeking applications from Bangladeshi Nationals to fill the following professional position in its Dhaka Office:
JOB TITLE: ICT Officer, NO B - Level, ICT Section
1. Administer and maintain the organizations computer network, including its servers, routers, clients, hubs, cabling, NOS, etc. Ensure the smooth running of the equipment, apply upgrades and patches as required, and ensure that network security is enforced and that data is protected and regularly backed-up. Troubleshoot ad-hoc network hardware and software problems.
2. Assist with the evaluation, introduction, and technical operation of the organizations IT applications. This involves overall understanding of the functioning of the system and the interaction of data between sections within the office and with other organizational locations.
3. Ensure that the office hardware and software meets the corporate requirements and that corporate standard and guidelines are adhered to. Thus ensuring that the office adheres to its global and local software license agreements. This involves assisting in interpretation of corporate guidelines for local office relevance and preparation of Purchase Orders with vendor interaction on specifications.
4. Manage installation of new and redeployment of existing IT equipment and software installation and upgrades. Manage ICT services and manage day-to-day function of UNICEF Bangladesh Help Desk function including assignment of tasks to IT support personnel. This involves advising users on appropriate use of software packages and hardware equipment.
5. Assist in drafting and implementing an office computer-training plan and provide in-house training when required. Provide ad-hoc hardware and software support to users and IT focal points analyzing the source if the problem ad resolving it.
6. Manage preventative maintenance and support of IT equipment. This will involve interaction with vendors and to coordinate the arrangements within the office for reporting equipment problems and placing service calls for repairs as necessary. Ensure that any repairs, servicing, etc, of IT equipment is properly recorded for historical purposes, and ensure office configuration management database is well maintained including inventory of computer equipment.
7. Keep abreast of current IT trends and make proposals to the office on such trends and on available technology in order to assist the office to improve efficiency and/or cost reduction through automation and computerization.
8. Any other duties as specified by the supervisor
WORK EXPERIENCE: At least two years progressively responsible experience in computer information management work, including data processing applications, use and evaluation of PC software, database management, multi-user network administration (in particular NT LANs), telecommunications and electronic mail systems (in particular, cc:Mail), network analysis and design, hardware/software installation and management, user assistance, end-user documentation and local office computer applications programming, in support of office computerisation
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES:
1. Knowledge of the latest developments and technology in related field
Diversity and Inclusion Commitment Integrity Communication Drive for Results Relating and Networking Leading and Supervising
CONTRACTS AND REMUNTERATION:
The selected candidate will be awarded Fixed Term contract and remuneration is at the NO-B level of the United Nations local salary scale.
Applications with CV should be forwarded to the HR Officer, Human Resources Section, UNICEF-Bangladesh, Sheraton Annex, 1 Minto Road, Dhaka-1000, by 19th April 2009 Please mark on the envelope the post applied for. Only short-listed candidates will be called for written test/interview. Any attempt to unduly influence UNICEF’s selection process will lead to automatic disqualification of the applicant.
UNICEF IS COMMITTED TO GENDER EQUALITY IN ITS MANDATE AND ITS STAFF. WELL QUALIFIED CANDIDATES, PARTICULARLY FEMALES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY