Vacancy: Programme and Planning Manager
The Office of UNICEF (UNITED NATIONS CHILDREN’S FUND) in Azerbaijan is seeking a candidate to fill the following position:
Programme and Planning Manager, NO-C level, duration: fixed-term, vacancy № 07/08
• Azerbaijani national
• Post graduate degree in Social Sciences or related disciplines.
• Five years of professional work experience in programme design, administration, monitoring and evaluation or related field.
• Proven ability to conceptualize, innovate, plan and execute ideas as well as transfer knowledge and skills.
• Strong analytical, quantitative and qualitative research skills.
• Computer skills, including internet navigation, and various office applications.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment, and establish harmonious and effective working relationships, both within and outside the organization.
• Initiative, passion and commitment to UNICEF`s mission and professional values.
• Fluency in English and Azerbaijani.
1. Coordinate the Situation Analysis for the relevant programme areas and its periodic updates by monitoring and analyzing the social, political, and economic trends in the country, as they affect women and children. Compile data, analyzing and evaluating information, maintains data bank of the indicators on the situation of women and children. Contribute to UNICEF’s participation in the CCA/UNDAF process, ensuring adequate input on the improvement of the well-being of children and women.
2. Develop strategies and acquire the necessary data for influencing the policy making environment in favour of child friendly economic and social policies and budgets. This includes, but is not limited to, the Poverty reduction plans/national development programme for MDGs and national budgeting processes. Responsible also for developing links with universities and policy-oriented institutions.
3. Participate in the development of programme/project goals and objectives and planning the implementation of programme/project strategies.
4. Design data collection methodologies and research related to programme interventions. Responsible for coordinating the Multiple Indicator Cluster Survey/Demographic Health Survey. Conduct research and data analysis. Assist in the introduction of new approaches and methods in project monitoring and evaluation. Serve as a focal point for the M&E software.
5. Coordinate the preparation of the country programme integrated monitoring, evaluation and research plan. Undertake field visits to monitor and evaluate programme evaluation, as well as conduct periodic programme reviews with government counterparts and other partners.
6. Prepare the Monitoring and Evaluation sectoral documents for the Country Programme Recommendation (CRP) and Plans of Operations, Plans of Action, Country Programme Summary Sheet (CPSS).
Applicants should fill in and return to UNICEF office an application form available both from the office and online (specify the position and vacancy №) with an attached CV and application letter not later than 25 August 2008 at the following address: 24, Suleyman Dadashev Street, AZ 1073, Baku. A full job description can be obtained from Ms. Sevil Gasimova, HR from tel.: 492 30 13. E-mail applications are also acceptable at e-mail email@example.com.
QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
UNICEF IS A SMOKE - FREE ENVIRONMENT