Terms of Reference for Project Assistant
To support the Child Welfare Reform, UNICEF Azerbaijan agreed to assist the Ministry of Labor and Social Protection, as a part of a wider, Government of Azerbaijan/World Bank Pension and Social Assistance Project, in developing of a model of district level integrated social protection services.
Through the project: “Modeling of child social protection integrated services at district level: capacity building and policy making advisory” EducAid and UNICEF aim to support the reform of social work through the establishment of a district level integrated model under the MoLSP’s overall coordination.
The main activities will be carried out in four Districts: Nizami, Ismailli, Masali and Quba.
- To assist the Project Coordinator in preparation and implementation of the project activities;
- Verbal and written translation from Azerbaijani to English and from English to Azerbaijani
- Draft activities work plan
- Regular internal monitoring and evaluation of all project activities
- Maintaining regular contacts with counterparts and stakeholders, authorities, etc
- To follow and assist the project coordinator during the field visits, including overnight stays is required
Place: based in UNICEF Office in Baku; weekly visits to the Districts are foreseen. Project Assistant must be available to stay overnight out of Baku. Number of overnight stays may vary from 1 to 3 per week.
The PA will use a desk with IT equipment in the Office
• Azerbaijani nationality;
• University degree and/or academic background in a social sector;
• Minimum 2 years work experience in child righst related area;
• Proven good knowledge on child rights and current political and social trends and social reform processes in Azerbaijan
• Proven very good communication skills with government and community members;
• Azerbaijani native speaker, Fluency in English (written and spoken); Russian is an asset; Italian is an asset;
• Good knowledge of computer applications, in particolar Word processor, Excel, Internet Explorer;
• Ability to work within the international and multicultural environment.
Duration: 5 months
Remuneration: 700 USD/month, total 3500 USD, DSA covered
Deadline for application: 15th May 2008
applicaitons should be send to :
Child Protection Manager
UNICEF, Azerbaijan Country Office
24, Suleyman Dadashov Street
Baku, Azerbaijan AZ 1027
Telephone 994-12 492 30 13 ext.102
Facsimile 994-12 492 24 68