Vacancy announcement : Development (Education) Officer
?The Office of UNICEF (UNITED NATIONS CHILDREN’S FUND) in Azerbaijan is seeking a candidate to fill the following position:
Development (Education) Officer, duration: fixed-term, vacancy № 04/08
• Azeri national with university degree and at least six years of experience in education and social science.
• Strong analytical, negotiation, communication, supervisory, managerial and advocacy skills.
• Knowledge of computer.
• Readiness to travel to the project sites.
• Fluency in English and Azerbaijani.
1. Management of UNICEF Azerbaijan program of cooperation in field of education and early child development.
2. Collect and analyze data for programme/project planning, management, and monitoring and evaluation purpose in the area of education and early child development as guided by Convention of Right of the Child.
3. Undertake ongoing visits to UNICEF project sites, assess local conditions and
resources and monitor UNICEF inputs. Cooperate closely with Ministry of Education and other government and NGO partners.
4. Initiate policy studies on education reforms.
5. Draft relevant sections of reports (required for donors, management, annual report, e.t.c.).
6. Assist in liaison among relevant Government authorities, International and national NGOs and UN partners to ensure coordination.
Applicants should collect application forms from UNICEF office, or download from this link , duly fill it in and return to UNICEF reception (specify the position and vacancy №) with an attached CV and application letter not later than 2 June 2008 at the following address: 24, Suleyman Dadashev Street, AZ 1073, Baku. Other methods of applications should be avoided.
QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
UNICEF IS A SMOKE - FREE ENVIRONMENT