UNICEF (UNITED NATIONS CHILDREN’S FUND) in Azerbaijan
Asst. Project Officer, Child Protection (NO-B)
TFT (11 months) with possibility of extension
UNICEF is seeking to recruit a dynamic, motivated and committed professional responsible to assist in the implementation of UNICEF’s support to the Azerbaijani Child Protection Reform, including the child welfare and juvenile justice reforms as well as prevention of child abuse activities, within the Child Protection Section.
Under the general supervision of the Project Officer - Child Protection:
Major duties and responsibilities:
1. Contribute towards collection of data on situation of children in Azerbaijan as regards their protective environment;
2. Assist in designing, preparing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating assigned programme or specific project(s) within the Child Protection Section. Analyze and evaluate data to ensure achievement of objectives and/or take corrective action when necessary to meet programme/project objectives;
3. Assist in preparation of the sectoral documents for Annual Work Plans, Country Annual Reports, Mid Term Review Documentation, etc.;
4. Undertake field visits to monitor programmes, as well as conduct periodic programme reviews with government counterparts and other partners. Propose and/or undertake action on operational procedures affecting project implementation and management. Provide technical advice and assistance to government officials and other partners in the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programme/projects;
5. Assist Government authorities to plan and organize training/capacity building programmes. Assist in identifying training needs and objectives for the purpose of capacity building, programme sustainability as well as promotion and advocacy;
6. Meet with national and international agencies covering the management of programmes/projects. Participate in meetings with ministries responsible for programme/project review, and follow-up on implementation of recommendations and agreements;
7. Coordinate with the Operations/Supply staff on supply and non-supply assistance activities ensuring proper and timely UNICEF and Government accountability;
8. Participate in intersectoral collaboration with other programme colleagues and inter agency theme groups. Assist in development of appropriate communication and information strategy to support and/or advocate programme development.
9. Prepare programme/project status reports required for management Board, donors, budget review, programme analysis, annual reports, etc.
10. Ensure the accurate and timely input of project information in computerized programme system and the issuance of status reports for monitoring and evaluation purposes.
Qualifications and experience:
• University degree in social sciences or related technical field;
• Minimum three years of progressively responsible professional work experience at national level in programme management, monitoring and evaluation in child rights related field;
• Fluency in English, Azeri and Russian, both written and spoken;
• Knowledge of latest development in children’s protection issues in Azerbaijan;
• Analytical, negotiation, diplomatic, communication and advocacy skills;
• Knowledge of computer management and applications;
• Ability to work in an international and multicultural environment;
Type of contract:
Temporary Fixed-term (NO-B level), initially for one year with possibility of extension depending on performance and availability of funds; UNICEF’s salary and benefit package is based on the United Nations Common System.
How to Apply:
Applications shall be submitted in hardcopy to Ms. Sevil Gasimova, Human Resources Officer, by 23 February 2007 and should include:
A full CV.
UNICEF, Azerbaijan Country Office
24, Suleyman Dadashov Street
Baku, Azerbaijan AZ 1073
Telephone: +994 12 492 3013, ext. 130