The Office of UNICEF in Azerbaijan is seeking candidate to fill the following position: Finance & Accounts Assistant (GS-6)
The Office of UNICEF (UNITED NATIONS CHILDREN’S FUND) in Azerbaijan
is seeking candidate to fill the following position:
Finance & Accounts Assistant (GS-6)
Duration: Fixed Term
(Vacancy № 01/07)
-Azeri national with university degree and six years of general accounting clerical experience.
-Strong analytical, communication and training skills.
-Knowledge of computer.
-Fluency in English, Azeri.
• Maintains financial records and monitoring systems to record and reconciles expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data for day-to-day transactions and reports and reconciling data for recurring or special reports.
• Selects and enters data from a wide variety of documents, verifying accuracy by checking sources, making necessary calculations and assuring inclusion of all relevant data.
• Prepares recurring reports as schedules and special reports as required for budget preparation, audits or other reasons.
• Advises and assists international staff, experts and consultants on all respects of allowances, salary advances, travel claims and other financial matters and calculates and authorizes payments due for claims and services.
• Initiates correspondence to verify data, answers queries and obtains additional information on accounts and financial transactions, as required.
• Maintains liaison with officials of local banks to obtain day-to-day information on exchange and interest rates, changes in procedures and regulations and matters pertaining to maintenance of office bank accounts.
• Prepares detailed cost estimates and participates in budget analysis and projects as required.
• Performs other duties if required.
Applicants should collect application forms from UNICEF office, duly fill it in and return to UNICEF (specify the position and vacancy №) with an attached CV and application letter no later than 17 February 2007 at the following address: 24, S.Dadashev street, Baku. Other methods of applications should be avoided.
QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
UNICEF IS A SMOKE - FREE ENVIRONMENT.