The Office of UNICEF (UNITED NATIONS CHILDREN’S FUND) in Azerbaijan is seeking a candidate to fill the following position: National Operations Officer (NOB), duration: fixed-term, vacancy ? 06/06
- Advanced university degree in Business Administration, Management or related field.
- Five years of progressively responsible professional work experience in personnel and finance management and office administration.
- Fluency in Azerbaijani and English, proven ability to conceptualize, plan and execute ideas, express clearly and concisely ideas and concepts in written and oral form.
- Ability to supervise professional and support staff. - Proven skills in management and administration.
- Proven ability to plan, manage and monitor the effective use and safekeeping of fixed assets and financial resources.
- Good analytical and negotiating skills.
- Ability to organize and implement training.
- Computer skills, including internet navigation, and various office applications.
1. Certifies and confirms operational transactions through the interpretation and determination of applicable policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
2. Advises and recommends to the Head of Office and HQ when deviation from rules and regulations may be required.
3. Monitors compliance with all the operational systems and procedures
4. Participates in the country programme strategy, development, planning and preview/review meetings to identify staffing and administrative operational requirements.
5. Reviews office structures and operations, and updates job descriptions prior to budget preparation., manages the recruitment of staff in an appropriate and timely manner.
6. Arranges with the government authorities, all operational facilities and basic cooperation agreements.
7. Undertakes regular visits to project sites to resolve difficult problems, supports major activities.
8. Acquires all expendable and non-expendable properties (administrative and/or programme supplies).
9. Establishes, maintains and provides technical guidance and support to various consultative and advisory committees.
10. Participates in the timely planning and acquisition of supplies during the programme review process.
11. Represents UNICEF in the local salary survey committee and fully participates in UN Operations Management Team meetings.
Applicants should collect application forms from UNICEF office, duly fill it in and return to UNICEF reception (specify the position and vacancy ?) with an attached CV and application letter not later than 18 November 2006 at the following address: 24, Suleyman Dadashev Street, Baku. Other methods of applications should be avoided.
QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
UNICEF IS A SMOKE - FREE ENVIRONMENT