Administrative Assistant, Fixed-Term Appointment (GS-4)
The Office of UNICEF (UNITED NATIONS CHILDREN’S FUND) in Azerbaijan
is seeking candidate to fill the following position: Administrative Assistant, Fixed-Term Appointment (GS-4)
Vacancy № 08/11)
- Completion of secondary education, supplemented by technical or university level courses in Administration. Training in procurement procedures and administrative field is desirable
- Six years of progressively responsible experience in supply/procurement or related field and administrative work.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment, and establish harmonious and effective working relationships, both within and outside the organization
- Knowledge of protocol would be an assent
- Good analytical, communication, planning and organizing skills
- Good knowledge of computer managements and standard soft ware application is essential
- Fluency in English and Azerbaijani
RESPONSIBILITIES/NATURE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
- Provides advice and assists staff members and their dependents by processing requests for visas, identity cards, and other necessary documents, in accordance with the requirements of the United Nations and the country of the duty station locations.
- Makes travel, ticketing arrangements and hotel reservations. Finalize/prepares Travel Authorizations; assemble information pertinent to the purpose of travel.
Provides administrative support in organization of conferences and workshops by identifying venues and services required.
- Provides advice and guidance to programme and operations staff on supply and equipment specification, suppliers and logistics arrangements, facilitates efficient procurement, clearance storage and distribution of supplies and equipment, prepares appropriate documentation: Purchase Orders (PO), bid invitations and analysis according to UNICEF rules and procedures. Participates in Contract Review Committee (CRC) as a Secretary, finalizing CRC minutes, follow up the approval and filing and ensuring the appropriate documentation is in place. When required, maintains contact with customs and immigration officials, follows up on preliminary supply clearance documentations to facilitate timely customs clearance of supplies and equipment, in keeping with established protocol.
- Conducts market research to identify and recommend potential local suppliers. Maintain database of local supplier including record of performance on pricing, product quality and timely delivery. Obtains quotations, issue invitations to bid and tender, undertake local procurement as required according to UNICEF rules and procedures, assess quality, price stability and delivery time. Undertakes local procurements, as required.
- Participates in arranging and monitoring cleaning services, office maintenance and repair, procurement and dispatch of office supplies
- Maintains update and transmit inventory of Non-Expendable Property report, including inventory of supplies distributed to counterparts. Maintains administrative supplies store records. Ensures that property receipts are duly completed and filed for all UNICEF property released from the office. Ensures that personal use of office assets are recorded appropriately (invoice, signature and receipts) and followed up as required.
- Monitors the efficient and proper use of UNICEF vehicles. Verifies log books and identifies services required. Supervises the drivers and assigns them accordingly. Manages UNICEF Baku office vehicle fleet by ensuring that the vehicles are mechanically sound, repaired and kept in good and tidy manner.
- Performs other duties, as required.
Applicants should fill in and return to UNICEF office an application form available either from the office or online (http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/P11.doc) specifying the position and vacancy № with an attached CV and motivation letter no later than 8 November 2011 at the following address: Dalga Plaza Business center, 24, Neftchilar Ave, Baku, AZ 1095 or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Acknowledgement will be sent to short listed candidates only.
UNICEF is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff.
Well qualified candidates, particularly female are strongly encouraged to apply.