Health Sector Intern for UNICEF Azerbaijan Country Office
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR HEALTH SECTOR INTERN
FOR UNICEF AZERBAIJAN COUNTRY OFFICE
Background and justifications
Health and Nutrition of Mothers, Newborns and Children is an important building block for UNICEF’s strategy in Azerbaijan. As the office gradually moves towards an approach based on strategic knowledge management and on a daily basis works to bring practical solutions to the women and children at greatest risk, the Health section would also need some support.
• Assist Health specialist in writing, gathering information on recent evidence I the field of child health and nutrition;
• Assist in organization of various events;
• Retrieving data from internal and external sources;
• Preparation of minutes of meetings;
• Translation into Azerbaijani or English the drafted correspondence, materials, other documents;
• Participation in other health sector efforts as assigned
• Written materials (stories, documents), photos, etc.
• Translations (the number to be determined through the course of work)
Experience and Qualifications:
Enrolment in graduate or undergraduate degree programme in health, Public health, social sciences, social policy and/or related field
Fluency in English/Russian/Azeri;
Experience working with MS Office software;
Excellent writing and verbal communication skills;
Strong interpersonal communication skills, and
Ability to work independently, if required
The health section intern will report to the Health Specialist.