The Office of UNICEF (UNITED NATIONS CHILDREN’S FUND) in Azerbaijan is seeking candidate to fill the following position: Social Policy Specialist, NOC*, Fixed Term(Vacancy № 03/10)
• Advanced university degree in Social Policy, Macroeconomics, Political Science, or other relevant discipline
• Minimum five years of relevant professional work experience
• Current knowledge of development issues, policies, social programming, policies and procedures in international development cooperation
• Specialized training in statistics and/or proven ability to develop indicators, collate and analyze quantitative and qualitative data
• Proven ability to conceptualize, analyze and plan for actions as well as to transfer knowledge and skills
• Strong analytical, research, negotiating, communication and advocacy skills.
• Knowledge and use of standard office automation applications related to word processing, graphics presentations etc. as well as Management Information Systems and databases. Knowledge and training on use of workplanning tools an asset.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships, both within and outside the organization.
• Fluency in English and Azerbaijani
1. Advises on strategic planning in development of social policies and programmes contributing to the reduction of child poverty and social inclusion through the progressive realization of children’s rights, and prioritising the most vulnerable.
2. Analyze the macroeconomic context of social policy programmes and its impact on social development, emerging issues and social policy concerns, as well as implications for children. Develop strategies and acquire the necessary data for influencing the policy making environment in favour of child friendly policies and budget. This includes, but is not limited to, the national development programme for MDGs and national budgeting processes.
3. Collect, analyse, coordinate and direct the timely flow of relevant social, economic and political information and make recommendations necessary for policy and programme development. Compiles data, analyzing and evaluating information, maintains data bank of the indicators on the situation of women and children. Coordinates the Situation Analysis
4. Assist the programme staff in development and implementation of research, monitoring and evaluation activities in support of the national plans for children
5. Coordinate planning, monitoring and evaluation processes for programmes undertaken by UNICEF supporting programme staff in results-based management, new approaches and methods in M&E, development and measurement of indicators providing inputs to workplans and reports. Coordinate Integrated Monitoring and Evaluation Plan.
6. Establish and maintain regular professional contacts with government officials, other partners, including research and training institutions, through joint visits, consultations, meetings. Responsible also for developing links with universities and policy-oriented institutions.
7. Other duties commensurate with the post at the discretion of the supervisor
* The level and step of the incumbent will be determined based on his/her total background including experience, education, training and self-development as it relates to the position.
Applicants should fill in and return to UNICEF office an application form available both from the office and online (http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/P11.doc) specify the position and vacancy № with an attached CV and motivation letter no later than 10 May 2010 at the following address: S.Dadashev Street 24, Baku, AZ1073 or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Acknowledgement will be sent to short listed candidates only.
UNICEF is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff.
Well qualified candidates, particularly female are strongly encouraged to apply.