UNICEF Azerbaijan CO is seeking for a Communication Consultant on Pandemic Communication Response
UNITED NATIONS CHILDREN'S FUND
Terms of Reference
Communication Consultant on Pandemic Communication Response
1. Programme information: Programme (No. & Name): Intersectoral Advocacy
2. Background and Context:
The outbreak of A (H1N1) globally has highlighted the urgent and critical need for clear, concise and consistent communication messages that will generate behavior change among members of the general public, and particularly among children and young people.
3. Purpose of the assignment
• To ensure coherent communication on pandemic influenza, including production of materials and capacity building. Ensuring communities have essential knowledge and information on avian influenza is an organizational commitment.
• Consultant will report to the UNICEF Communication Officer- Ayna Mollazade, and work closely with relevant staff of the Ministry of Health, WHO and communication working group.
6. Major tasks to be accomplished:
The key assignments for the consultant are outlined as follows:
• Develop communication strategy for the pandemic – with advocacy, social mobilization and behaviour and social change components
7. Outcomes and deliverables:
• A country Communication strategy (including specific vaccination messages)
8. Time-Frame: February 8 – March 5, 2010
9. Qualifications or specialized knowledge/experience required:
The assignment requires the consultant to be professionally qualified and experienced in behavioral change communication. The consultant should have at least 3 years experience in BCC in the health sector, and a professional graduate or post-graduate qualification in communication.