Vacancy announcement : IT Assistant (GS-6), Fixed Term
The Office of UNICEF (UNITED NATIONS CHILDREN’S FUND) in Azerbaijan
is seeking candidate to fill the following position: IT Assistant (GS-6), Fixed Term
(Vacancy № 02/09)
- Azeri national with technical or university level courses in computer science, information technology system and telecommunications.
- Six years progressively responsible experience in computer information technology management, including data processing applications, database, multi-user network and telecommunications, hardware/software installation and preventive maintenance, user assistance and end-user documentation in support of office computerization
- Knowledge of LAN and WAN (TCP/IP) technologies, Window 2003 Server operating system and AD. Knowledge of Lotus Notes/Domino, Citrix Presentation server
- Strong analytical, communication and training skills
- Fluency in English and Azerbaijani languages, Russian is an asset
- Having professional certifications like CLP, MCP/MCTS and ITIL Foundation Certificate would be an added advantage.
Administer the office multi-user network and other data and telecommunication facilities.
Organize and perform office training and support on computer applications.
Co-ordinate and assist with the introduction and technical operation of organizational computer applications.
Co-ordinate and assist with the introduction of specific computer hardware and software.
Programme local office computer applications. Development and maintenance of an office intranet and homepage
Administer maintenance of computer equipment
Performs other duties, as required
Applicants should fill in and return to UNICEF office an application form available both from the office and online (http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/P11.doc) (specify the position and vacancy №) with an attached CV and application letter no later than 10 July 2009 at the following address: S.Dadashev Street 24, Baku. Other methods of applications should be avoided.
QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
UNICEF IS A SMOKE - FREE ENVIRONMENT.