Vacancy № 01/09 : Executive Assistant (GS-5), Fixed Term
The Office of UNICEF (UNITED NATIONS CHILDREN’S FUND) in Azerbaijan
is seeking candidate to fill the following position: Executive Assistant (GS-5), Fixed Term
(Vacancy № 01/09)
- Azeri national with university degree and at least five years of directorial secretarial experience
- Proven shorthand and typing ability, knowledge of modern office procedures
- Knowledge of protocol and ethics
- Experience in an international organization will be an added advantage
- Knowledge and good practice of computer
- Fluency in English and Azerbaijani languages, Russian is an asset
• Arrange appointments and maintains supervisor’s calendar, receives visitors, places and screens telephone calls and answers queries with discretion.
• Arranges meetings, both internal and external, some involving high-ranking officials, and takes minutes and/or notes at meetings, to draft required reports, in particular for CMT meetings and others where the Representative is involved
• Prepares informal translations from Azerbaijani into English and may act as interpreter when required.
• Takes dictation using shorthand on a variety of subject matters and transcribes, ensuring that spelling, punctuation and format are correct. Types and finalize correspondence to be signed by the head of the office, as well as other documents and reports, some of which are highly confidential.
• Receives, screens, register, logs and routes correspondence, attaches necessary background information and maintains follow-up system for actions to be undertaken by SM.
• Control, check and clear all correspondence presented to the signature of the head of the office to be conform with UNICEF standards, branding and accuracy, ensuring required ethics
• Maintains the filing system of the front office including policy documents, confidential and general files, including handling the office pouch/DHL mail.
• Keeps lists of names, addresses and telephone numbers of ministers, government officials, members of the diplomatic corps in addition to UNICEF HQs and RO.
• Operate the office Switchboard system to receive/ dispatch/place all in/out communications with the office during working hours.
• Makes travel arrangements for the supervisor and performs liaison duties with other units.
• Performs other duties, as required
Applicants should fill in and return to UNICEF office an application form available both from the office and online (specify the position and vacancy №) with an attached CV and application letter no later than 17 April 2009 at the following address: S.Dadashev Street 24, Baku. Other methods of applications should be avoided.
QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
UNICEF IS A SMOKE - FREE ENVIRONMENT.