The general minimum requirements an individual must meet for entry into UNICEF as a JPO are:
- Citizenship of the respective country (Note: selected participating donor governments sponsor a limited number of nationals from developing countries*).
- Age: between 28 and 32 years.
- University degree equivalent to a Master's Degree or, as an absolute minimum, to a Bachelor's Degree;
- Two years of relevant professional work experience;
- Computer literacy in standard software applications;
- Demonstrate a keen interest in the work of the United Nations (UN), and of UNICEF in particular, and have a personal commitment to UNICEF’s mission and to the ideals of the UN Charter; and
- Demonstrate the ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which includes willingness to try, understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views. Languages: Fluency in written and spoken English and another UN working language, i.e. Arabic, Chinese, French, Spanish or Russian.