If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a consultant To develop an Inclusive Communication training module for UNICEF Staff and partners.
For more information, see the attached TERMS OF REFERENCE.
· At least 15 years of proven experience in the field of disability and communication for development or training in the social sector, including the development of training modules or courses and technical guidelines
· Proven experience in creative or script writing/ audio-visual production/ visual arts/ communication material production
· At least 5 years’ experience in development of online learning curricula
· Good knowledge of human rights, the human rights-based approach (HRBAP) and the UN's work in developing human rights-based programmes;
· Ideally, experience working with UNICEF in disability, particularly at field level
· Advanced degree in communication related arts/ visual media/ design
· Strong understanding of UN and UNICEF approaches and experience in disability
· Proven experience in the creation and design of learning content
· Excellent writing skills
· Ability to work with minimal supervision
The work may be done anywhere, although a New York-based consultant is preferred for easier in-person consultation.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are requested to submit a daily rate, cover letter, a CV and P 11 form (which can be downloaded from our website at http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/index_53129.html) to email@example.com with subject line “Consultancy, Inclusive Communication training module”, by 22 November 2013. Please indicate your ability and availability to undertake the terms of reference above. Applications submitted without a daily rate will not be considered.
Joint applications of two or more individuals will not be accepted.
Please note that only candidates who are under serious consideration will be contacted.
In the selection of its staff, UNICEF is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities: well qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.