If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a consultancy for a Rural, School & Emergency Myanmar Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Specialist based in Yangon.
For more information, see the attached TERMS OF REFERENCE.
Qualification or Specialized Knowledge/Experience Required:
This consultancy requires the following a multi-disciplinary team with specific qualifications/areas of expertise in:
· Rural, school and emergency WASH Specialist (43 days, international / local hire)
· With extensive experience of the implementation of rural and emergency WASH programmes in the region.
· In addition, the consultant(s) is expected to have a Master’s Degree in Public Health, with at least 5-10 years of work experience in the areas of sanitation & hygiene, water supply.
· Essential: Previous relevant experience in community based approaches to sanitation and hygiene proven track record of conducting research and producing documentation based on in-depth literature review and field work, proven track record of coordinating between different stakeholders (staff, beneficiaries, officials), demonstrable knowledge of the WASH sector, awareness of gender issues.
· Desirable: experience in working in East Asia and the Pacific, experience in CLTS related work.
· She/he is expected to be able to work closely with staff from various sectoral programme areas and across the EAP countries, with good analytical, verbal, written and facilitation skills. The consultant is expected to function relatively independently and take initiatives as needed.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send their applications (CV, UN PERSONAL HISTORY FORM -download here) with completed Expression of Interest form (EOI) indicating in subject "Rural & Emergency WASH Specialist" by 8 November 2013 to email address: email@example.com
Please note that only candidates who are under serious consideration will be contacted.
In the selection of its staff, UNICEF is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities: well qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.