If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a Senior Disaster Management Consultant in Regional Chief of Emergency, CEE/CIS Regional Office, Geneva.
For more information, see the attached TERMS OF REFERENCE.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
Advanced university degree in disaster management, social sciences or related field. Specialized training in disaster risk reduction highly desirable.
Ten to fifteen (10-15) years progressively responsible professional work experience at national and international levels in disaster management, particularly disaster risk reduction.
• Current knowledge of global developments and trends in disaster risk management.
• Knowledge and experience in UNICEF country programming cycle.
• Previous experience in conceptualizing and developing strategy papers, especially at the regional (multi-country) level.
• Knowledge of Central Asia, South Caucasus and Eastern Europe regions desirable.
• Proven ability to conceptualize, develop, plan and manage activities within the framework of organisational and government programmes.
• Good analytical, communication and writing skills.
• Ability to work in an international or multicultural and team environment and develop partnerships.
• Knowledge of range of computer applications.
• Ability to work under minimum supervision and to focus on timely delivery of results.
• Fluency in English language required.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates are requested to email a cover letter, CV and P11 form (which can be downloaded from http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/index_53129.html as well as proposed outline for the roadmap to Maria Avakova: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate your ability, availability and daily rate to undertake the terms of reference above.
Applications submitted without a daily rate will not be considered.
Application deadline: 23 September 2013
Note: Both individual consultant(s) and institutions are encouraged to apply
Please note that only candidates who are under serious consideration will be contacted.
In the selection of its staff, UNICEF is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities: well qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.