If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a consultancy for conducting a review of the implementation of the IASC Guidelines on MHPSS
For more information, see the attached TERMS OF REFERENCE.
Key competences, technical background, and experience required:
UNICEF seeks to engage the services of a team of 2 consultants – one with a strong background in community-based psychosocial programming and the other with a strong background in mental health, with requisite qualifications in psychology/psychiatry. Other criteria will include the following:
- 10 years of experience in the design, development, evaluation and implementation of psychosocial support programmes.
- Experience in compiling good practices documents on development issues.
- Familiarity with MHPSS Reference Group will be an asset.
- Good writing and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to promote collaboration and consensus building.
- Knowledge of languages like French, Spanish or Arabic.
Joint applications are welcome and will be considered on a priority basis. You may also send in your applications in your individual capacity.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates are requested to submit a cover letter, CV, and signed P11 form (which can be retrieved at http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/index_53129.html) to email@example.com with subject line “Consultants – Review of MHPSS Guidelines” by 20 September 2013. Please indicate your ability, availability and daily rate to undertake the terms of reference above. Applications submitted without a monthly rate will not be considered.
Please note that only candidates who are under serious consideration will be contacted.
In the selection of its staff, UNICEF is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities: well qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.