If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a Consultancy with Adolescent Development and Participation Section, Programme Division Design Coordination for the Adolescent Kit
For more information, see the attached TERMS OF REFERENCE.
Key competences, technical background, and experience required:
- Significant practical professional experience in user-centred design;
- Significant practical experience as a project coordinator or manager;
- Excellent skills for communication and collaboration, and capacity to interact and collaborate with a diverse group of partners and stakeholders of different ages, cultural backgrounds and types of experience (e.g. adolescents and adults living in low-resource conflict-affected contexts, UNICEF staff, UNICEF NGO and INGO partners, design experts);
- At least 2 years’ experience working with adolescents in education, psychosocial support or participation-related programming or the equivalent;
- Experience working in emergencies, post-conflict or similar contexts;
- Fluency in English; knowledge of other UN languages a plus;
- Demonstrated track record in report writing, documentation and publication;
- Knowledge of UNICEF and UN language, protocols, branding and design standards;
- Available to work based at UNICEF-HQ in New York City, USA at own expense;
- Ability to work with minimal daily supervision and exercise sound judgment in meeting deadlines.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are requested to submit a cover letter, CV and P 11 form (which can be downloaded from our website at http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/index_53129.html) to email@example.com with subject line “Adolescent Kit” by 18 September 2013, 5:00pm EST. Please indicate your ability, availability and daily/monthly rate to undertake the terms of reference above. Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered.
Please note that only candidates who are under serious consideration will be contacted.
In the selection of its staff, UNICEF is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities: well qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.