If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF), Cambodia Country Office, is seeking to hire a qualified international consultant (Individuals only) to examine the evidence for a causal relationship between malnutrition and a variety of functional consequences (mortality and morbidity indicators) with economic implications. The effects will then be quantified in economic terms. The assessment will develop economic rationale for public investment in programs to reduce malnutrition in Cambodia.
For more information, see the attached TERMS OF REFERENCE.
The Consultant is expected to carry out the following tasks under this assignment:
· Review background documents for the consultancy such as: Studies, research and analysis, Cambodian Policy and strategic documents and Indicators from neighboring countries when data are not available from Cambodia
· Prepare the first analysis of economic and health impact of malnutrition in Cambodia targeting high level decision and policy makers
· Facilitate a workshop to sensitize relevant stakeholders and secure general consensus on the conclusions of the analysis
· Finalize the report on the assessment of economic and health impact of malnutrition in Cambodia and develop an advocacy summary of the findings
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
· Advanced university degree in economics with strong knowledge on public health, nutrition;
· At least 15 years of relevant professional working experience at the national and international level;
· Experience in Cambodia and regional settings;
· Experience in programme evaluation, including quantitative and qualitative research;
· Familiarity with the Cambodian government and environment;
· Excellent communication, coordination and facilitation skills;
· Strong analytical and report writing skills;
· Knowledge of Cambodian context on nutrition, fortification, maternal and child health, and economy;
· Fluency in English is required.
Duration of Assignment: 20 working days to be completed between October and December 2013.
Submission of Applications: Applications shall include the following required documentation:
1. Technical Proposal: Shall contain a proposal on the basis of the tasks and deliverables (detailed in the ToR). The proposal shall include approach and methodology with detailed breakdown of proposed activities and approach that will be used by the consultant. The proposal shall also include a brief explanation of the data analysis and report writing and possible dissemination plan. Draft work plan and timeline for the assessment should be included. The Technical Proposal shall also include an updated CV and Personal History Form (P11), and copies of 2 relevant assessments/studies performed previously by the consultant.
2. Financial Proposal: Lump-sum offer with cost breakdown: Consultancy fee, travel costs (economy class), Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA).
The UN PERSONAL HISTORY FORM (P-11 form) can be downloaded from our website at www.unicef.org/about/employ/index_53129.html.
Applications shall be addressed to: UNICEF Cambodia, Supply Section, No. 11, Street 75, Sangkat Sraschark, Phnom Penh, Cambodia; or email to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications MUST include the title and vacancy number.
The deadline for receipt of applications is Tuesday, 17 September 2013 (GMT + 7 hours)
Please note that only candidates who are under serious consideration will be contacted.
In the selection of its staff, UNICEF is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities: well qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.