If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, call for candidature for C4D ROSTER ( Communication for Development, public health promotion, community-based approach, behavior change communication) in WCARO Dakar Senegal. For more information, see the attached Terms of Reference.
Minimum requirements and competencies:
Advanced university degree in communication for development or social/behavioral sciences (Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology, community-based development, Health Education). A first-level university degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in one of the academic disciplines listed above in combination with qualifying relevant professional experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
5-10 years of progressively responsible work experience in the planning and management of communication for development programmes, including a minimum of two years in developing countries, with practical experience in the adaptation and application of communication planning processes to emergency contexts. An experience in the field of Communication for Development in a UN organization is an asset.
• Knowledge of current developments in the fields of communication theory, adult learning theory, indigenous media, community organization and participation;
• Proven experience with programming in emergency and post emergency situation. Experience in dealing with disease outbreaks is an asset;
• Specialized training on humanitarian assistance in emergency;
• Training in strategic communication planning, social and behaviour analysis, formative research and evaluation of communication interventions;
• Proven skills in communication, networking, advocacy and negotiation;
• Ability to organize and implement training, including development of curricula and methodologies;
• Knowledge of the social, political and economic environment of West and Central Africa would constitute a major asset;
• Ability to express clearly and concisely ideas and concepts in written and oral form; and
• Computer skills, including internet navigation, and various Microsoft Office applications.
French and English.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are requested to submit a cover letter, CV, candidate assessment form and UN Personal Hisotry (P-11 form) to C4drecruitment@gmail.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with subject line “C4D ROSTER”, by 27 September 2013. Please indicate your ability and availability to undertake the terms of reference above.
Please note that only candidates who are under serious consideration will be contacted.
In the selection of its staff, UNICEF is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities: well qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.