If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a Consultancy for Expert in Public Sector Leadership, Management, and Service Delivery of Education in Sierra Leone.
Please see Terms of Reference
Qualification and Specialized Experience required:
1. Advanced degree in the public sector management, leadership, educational management or any other relevant field.
2. Thorough understanding of public sector policy implementation and planning, educational/organisational management, public sector coordination and reform, change management.
3. Proven success in coordinating support to governments in reform processes for improved service delivery
4. Strong coordination and operational management skills.
5. Technical knowledge of education systems and sectors including planning, policy, finance and programming.
6. A minimum of eight years working experience in public sector reform.
7. Ability to work independently with a variety of stakeholders.
8. Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritise.
9. Able to efficiently communicate rules, ideas, regulations and policies.
10. Adaptability and flexibility, client orientation, confidentiality, initiative, concern for accuracy and quality.
11. Knowledge and experience in capacity development strategies, such as mentoring and coaching.
12. Knowledge of education sector coordination mechanisms, of UNICEF role as a coordinating agency, and of Sierra Leone Education System is highly desirable.
13. Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to act as a leader.
14. Computer literate.
Submission of Applications:
Applications should be sent accompanied by a Cover Letter, CV and UN Personal History Form P-11 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Personal History Form (P11) in MS Word format can be downloaded from our website at http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/index_53129.html
The deadline for receipt of applications is 26 July, 2013.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.