Further to the discussions on the ‘Effectiveness and Efficiency’ (E&E) Initiative during the June 2013 Global Management Team (GMT) meetings, and in anticipation of possible GMT-level decisions on the initiative to be reached in September 2013, the Change Management Office (CMO) requires specialised support to further develop the functionality and enhance the user-friendliness of its E&E website, a SharePoint platform.
New York (based in CMO)
Chulho Hyun, Communication Specialist, CMO
The successful candidate for this separate assignment would work under the supervision of the Communication Specialist; under the overall guidance of the Director, CMO; in collaboration with the members of the E&E Working Groups and E&E Communications Task-team; and with the technical collaboration of ITSSD (including SharePoint focal points).
One month (starting July 2013)
1. Conduct overall review of the information-provision and feedback-facilitation tools of the existing website, and provide technical (including design) advice to CMO.
2. Support the development of additional site functionality, as agreed with CMO. This includes, but will not be limited to, the development/re-design of the page on Headquarter Functions Review to enhance the visibility of and accessibility to the Common Proposals; and the ability of website users to post comments and questions for each Proposal’s Convener to address directly on the site.
3. Support the development of additional systems for improved information-management on the website, as agreed with CMO.
4. Support CMO to maintain all current content; regularly upload text and audio-visual materials; and troubleshoot with ITSSD SharePoint developers.
- University degree or equivalent background in computer science, information systems and/or web-design.
- Work experience in information management platforms, including SharePoint.
- Demonstrated organisational, multitasking and coordination skills.
- Demonstrated drive for results and commitment to timely delivery of quality products.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment and establish harmonious working relationships in an atmosphere of mutual respect.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are requested to submit a cover letter, CV and P 11 form (which can be downloaded from our website http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/index_53129.html) to Chulho Hyun at email@example.com with subject line “CMO Intern” by 10 July 2013.