Post Title: Part-Time Intern for HR / Business Partners (Multiple positions)
Contract Type: Unpaid Internship
Duration: August 2013 – September 2013
Duty Station: UNICEF New York Headquarters
Supervisor: HR Specialist, DHR, UNICEF NYHQ
HR Assistant, DHR, UNICEF NYHQ
UNICEF is the world's leading children's rights organization. Over the last six decades, UNICEF has cultivated policy positions on a wide range of issues that affect children. UNICEF works in partnership with national governments and community groups and cooperates with other United Nations organizations in determining children’s needs and developing programs to fulfill them. UNICEF works on the ground in more than 150 developing and transitional countries to help children survive and thrive.
The Interns will support the activities of the Senior Human Resources Manager, Programmes in the Division of Human Resources at UNICEF NYHQ. S/He will learn about key talent management initiatives within UNICEF including recruitment, onboarding, staff development and performance management. S/he will also have the opportunity, through working in the office, to learn about various UNICEF Programmes, and global operations.
2. MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
Under the supervision and guidance of the Senior Human Resources Manager, the intern will be responsible for assisting in key HR activities related to the ongoing recruitment of staff and consultants with particular focus on outreach and communication strategies in partnership with focal points in Headquarter (HQ), Regional Offices (ROs) and Country Offices (COs). The intern will also provide dedicated HR support, in partnership, with the HR Manager.
Main tasks include:
1. Developing effective outreach activities including through social networks, universities, and staff member networks to build a pipeline of external talent for UNICEF’s technical positions.
2. Reviewing previous outreach activities, analysing data and recommending effective ways to improve outreach activities going forward.
3. Researching existing channels and potential avenues (Social Media, Universities, Alumni networks) to discover new talents.
4. Reaching out to possible candidates by cold calling and establishing new talent pools
5. Supporting and recommending sustainable outreach practices.
6. Assisting in daily recruitment activities and other relevant Human Resources projects
3. Key competences, technical background, and experience required:
• The Intern should be enrolled in a programme at University, preferably in Human Resources or related area
• Fluency in English. Knowledge of one other UN working language an advantage.
• Effective and innovative approach to recruitment and outreach including social networking, traditional networking, cold calling, etc.
• Managing resources - Organizes and manages information to achieve defined goals and optimum results.
• Service minded and ability to research effectively
• Flexibility - Works effectively on multiple assignments simultaneously and adapts to changing demands and circumstances.
• Strong communicator and interpersonal skills – able to work well in a team environment.
• Ability to work independently
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are requested to submit a cover letter, CV and P 11 form (which can be downloaded from our website http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/index_53129.html) to email@example.com with subject line “Intern for HR / Business Partners” by 15 July 2013.